Kissing Hand FREEBIE!



Hi there friends!  I know you are all busy bees getting ready for school to start.  So this is just a little freebie for you to make life easier if you are starting school next week.  This is a little response page for the story The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn that I made for my class.  Kiddos will write about how they felt on the first day of school.  I usually do this activity on day two.   Students will write their name and then a word or words for how they were feeling.  With my kindergarten students, most can write their name, so they do that independently.  I help with the feeling word by writing it in highlighter and the students trace on the letters to write it.  For the illustration, you can have the kiddos draw themselves on the first day.  You can also have them trace their hands and then sponge paint a heart in the center of the hand.  They come out very sweet and I have found this activity is just right for little kinder students.  For first graders the entire thing could be done independently.  Anyhow, hope you enjoy!  There are two different borders because I couldn't decide which one I liked better.  Just click on either image to get both of them!

This is what the other border looks like:


I can tell school is about to start because I am waking up before my alarm with the Aaahhhh!!!  I need to do that... feeling.  I placed a last minute order for playground balls this morning before I started my other activities.  I already had a weird back to school dream in July, so maybe I won't have any others this year.  For some reason, it seems hard to believe school is already here.  Summer went by extra fast this year.  But, sharing my days with those sweet little students will fill my heart and I will not be wishing for the lazy days of summer.  OK, I am off to hit the plan book!

Best wishes for a smooth beginning of the school year to teachers, parents and students!
Happy Teaching!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! I love this! I will be using this page to create our first class book. My goal is to create as many as I can in order for each student to have one to take home at the end of the year. Thank so much for helping me get off to a good start! Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great year too! I love that idea of making a class book for each child to take home at the end of the year. Happy teaching!

    ReplyDelete